PlanetNinja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» IM ZAKUZU!!!....*AHEM*....MEOW???..no...MONKEYS!!!
I'll get there someday... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:27 am by Ken

» Umm... So... I was just wondering...
I'll get there someday... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:40 pm by Midori Akuhei

» Ask the person below you a question! =D
I'll get there someday... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:54 pm by Aki Tsukichou

» D-RANK: FIND THE MISSING DOG
I'll get there someday... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:44 pm by Aki Tsukichou

» Unni's and Imouto's Training
I'll get there someday... EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:37 pm by Aki Tsukichou

» B-Rank: Retrieving the Philosophers Stone
I'll get there someday... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:14 pm by Ken

» FUCK WE DIED!!
I'll get there someday... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 pm by Ken

» S-RANK: FINDING KATAKI'S WHEREABOUTS
I'll get there someday... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm by Osamu

» A-RANK: WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE.
I'll get there someday... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:40 pm by Osamu

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 193 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:46 pm

I'll get there someday...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'll get there someday... Empty I'll get there someday...

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:25 am

I had explored the village several times to get a feel for it, but I still felt that I could get lost in a moment's notice. Still, I decided to take a break from exploring and settle somewhere for a bit.

After a minor, mental skirmish with myself, I finally decided to work on some of my jutsus.

Once at the training grounds, I picked out a place that was wide, but just a bit secluded at the same time. I needed space, but I didn't exactly want to be watched while training. Failure at executing a jutsu would be excruciatingly embarrassing. I bit my lip at the thought of that scenario. It would suck sooo badly if I were to be caught failing on the first day here at the village. I shook my head quickly, my hair whipping my face, as if to clear away the bad thoughts. Then, I scolded myself for thinking such childish things and bid myself to concentrate.

I decided to work on my Flow jutsu. I could only fly for about ten seconds, fifteen if I got lucky. It would be so cool if I could actually just fly as naturally as I breathed.

Using that goal as my focal point, I focused hard and tried my best not to close my eyes. Closing my eyes would probably help me focus better, but it wouldn't be good for me to be blind during a battle. I kept my eyes opened and imagined myself levitating a bit above the ground.

For a while, nothing happened, but I slowly started to rise from the ground.

I smiled briefly, but the smile disappeared as suddenly as it came. I frowned a little and carefully imagined myself actually moving through the air. I glided in mid-air a few inches or so, but I felt myself lose my focus and drop.

I landed lightly on my feet.

"Dang it!" I whispered fiercely to myself. I let out a huge breath of air in pure anger, and only then noticed that I was starting to become drenched in my own sweat.

Letting out a softer sigh, I unzipped the light-weight jacket and hung it on a nearby tree to dry. I decided to dry myself out, too, and sat down under the tree with my knees pulled up in a comfortable position and my back to the sturdy trunk. I leaned my head against it also, closed my eyes, and let the nice, cool breeze gently brush my anxieties away.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

I'll get there someday... Empty Re: I'll get there someday...

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 pm

I blinked my eyes open and felt momentarily confused. I took in my surroundings, the wide, and some-what secluded place that I had picked out for myself. My jacket hung above me on a branch, and I realized that I'd fallen asleep while I was taking a break.

Instead of getting up, though, I fell over on my side from the sitting position that I had slept in, and lied down comfortably. I was never good at waking up.

A bit of wind blew the jacket square on my face. Suppressing a groan, I got up and hung the jacket on the branch again. I stretched my arms towards the sky, went on my tippy-toes, and arched my back.

"Kyaa~" It felt so good to stretch.

'Okay,' I thought to myself. 'Let's work on Flow again.'

Refreshed from my little nap, I found it easier to focus, and I was floating in no time.

Last edited by Aki Tsukichou on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and grammatical errors. (Oh, the horror!) D:)
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:29 pm

"Looks like you're getting the hang of it..." Yori's voice echoed in the forest with a small giggle. The funny thing was, she was nowhere to be found.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Hearing someone's voice, I suddenly lost focus and started to drop. I barely managed to land properly on my feet.

I wasn't exactly sure who the voice belonged to... or where it came from. Alert, I looked around with a hand to my baton on my back. Surely, no one would attack me out of nowhere in the training grounds...?

"Who's there?" I asked, trying to sound steady and not scared.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:37 pm

"Relax...I'm not here to cause any trouble." Yori slowly appeared before Aki in a shower of pink flower petals.

"You've got a lot of dedication in that technique of yours..." she admits with a small smile.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 pm

"Oh! Yori!" I smiled shyly. I put my hand down from my baton and faced her.

"It was really nothing, really. I've got a long way to go..." I made a face.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:47 pm

"C'mon, you don't have to be so modest. For a genin I think you're doing pretty well, with more practice I bet you'll master that technique of yours Aki." she said with a warm smile.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 pm

I laughed nervously and tugged at a lock of my hair. "You're too nice, Yori." I was grateful for the compliment, however. It really did make me feel good to know that I had support. "Thanks," I added, smiling.

"So... what are you doing here, anyway?" I quickly amended myself. "I mean, not to be rude, of course, but I didn't think anyone would really find me here." I let out another little laugh.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:57 pm

"Well, I was coming here to train with one of my newest jutsu, but I couldn't help but notice you training by yourself. Did you want any help with your training, it'll be good for the both of us because we can both get some in? Kill two birds with one stone..." she proposed with a small nod of her head.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 pm

I smiled brightly. She was incredibly nice. And to think I that I was worried about not having any friends...

"Sounds good!" I wasn't sure how to tackle this, though. I decided to ask Yori if she had any ideas.

"Did you have anything in mind?"

Last edited by Aki Tsukichou on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar...)
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 pm

"Hm," she thought it over for a moment before she looked back at her. "How about a simple spar, that will show me some of your techniques and your abilities?" she suggested.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm

"Ermm...." I hesitated, though I probably shouldn't have. It was only a spar, so...

"Ummm... okay, then," I finally decided. I leaped backwards a few yards to give us more space.

"I'm only a genin, and I don't have too many jutsus, so I'll just apologize in advance in case it gets boring for you." I smiled lightly, slipped my baton from my back, and braced myself.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 pm

"But one thing you should always remember Aki..." she said before she disappeared in a shower of flower petals. "Never let your opponent see that your guard is down." she whispered, now standing behind her.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:23 pm

My eyes widened. I had thought that I was ready! I blamed her darned genjutsu.

With my baton in hand, I whipped around, and aimed a blow right at her stomach.

Mentally, I was worried. Yori was a friend, and... and what if I accidentally hurt her? The thought caused me to soften my attack.

Last edited by Aki Tsukichou on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to capitalize a letter. (How could I?! D:))
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 pm

"Aki-chan, please don't hold back...it's important that you try your best, regardless if it's a real match or not." she reminded her, quickly blocking the blow with her arm and pushing her a few feet away.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm

It was like she read my mind. I gritted teeth and dug my toes into the ground to stop myself from going back any farther. Instantly I shot myself forward at her again.

New thoughts whirled in my head, fueled by the adrenaline that coursed through me.
'She's right,' I thought. 'At this rate, I'll never get any better. And besides... she's a jounin, so she should be able to defend herself from my attacks anyway,' I thought reluctantly.

"Okay!" I said as I started to close the distance between us. "By the way... my friends prefer to call me "Aki-kun" instead of "Aki-chan". They say it suits me better. But it's your choice." With those words, I aimed another blow at her with my baton aimed at her stomach again. I prepared myself to give her a left uppercut to her chin right after.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 pm

When the baton finally collided with her stomach, a small 'poof' was heard and her body suddenly changed into a log before falling to the ground with a soft thud. "Not bad Aki-kun...but it'll take a lot more than just a simple baton to land a hit against a genjutsu user." her voice echoed through the forest, but she was nowhere to be found.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:57 pm

I pulled a grim expression. Genjutsu. It always seemed to me that genjutsu was like a legal cheat, because it just seemed almost impossible to get out of. I mentally noted to myself to work with genjutsu some other time.

I stood my ground, baton at the ready, and scanned the area quickly. I couldn't spot Yori anywhere.

"Aqua Sanctuary," I said, calmly. A dome of water enveloped me completely, allowing absolutely nothing in or out. I decided to see what Yori would do next.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 pm

'Well that's interesting...' she noted to herself with a small nod, appearing before Aki's water dome, standing a safe distance away to examine this jutsu of hers. "So your chakra is mostly water element then..." she pondered out loud, pulling out a few senbon before tossing them towards the water dome to see what would happen.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 pm

"Right," I said, smiling lightly.

I watched her senbons slide harmlessly down the side of my protective bubble.

While she was distracted, I started my Aerial Waves, which repeatedly started buffeting her without fail. I knew it didn't do too much when it came to inflicting damage, but because it was invisible and hard to track, I hoped that it would confuse her and provide distractions for opportunities to strike.

"What's next, Yori?" I asked her, looking completely normal as if I weren't doing anything else besides standing there and looking at her quizzically.

Last edited by Aki Tsukichou on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got rid of unnecessary words.)
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 pm

She quickly turned her head when she felt a sudden change in the air, they might have been invisible, but she could feel them coming towards her fast. Thinking quick on her feet, she quickly formed a handsign, disappearing in a flurry of cherry blossom petals before they slowly began to circle around Aki's water dome, quickly picking up speed as the petals continued to flow around her, closing the space around them.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 pm

I frowned, wondering where she disappeared off to. Eying the petals suspiciously, I readied myself for whatever was to come, and placed a firmer grip on my shield. I couldn't see Yori, so I used my Aerial Waves to blow the petals away instead.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yori Yuhi Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Somehow, the flower petals seemed to go right through the aerial waves and touching up against the water shield until they started surrounding her body. The petals went down to her feet, slowly dissolving her body.
Yori Yuhi
Yori Yuhi
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucia Silverwing Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Lucia would flash into a tree near by. She stood on a branch and watched the two training.
Lucia Silverwing
Lucia Silverwing
Hikage: The Flash Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Tsukichou Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 pm

For a moment, I panicked, but remembered something critical: absolutely nothing was allowed in my little circle.

'Genjutsu...' I hissed mentally. I focused hard, and made a hand-sign.

"Release!" I shouted, my eyes flashing. Luckily for me, the petals shattered to a million pieces and disappeared.

I did not notice the flash near the tree at all.
Aki Tsukichou
Aki Tsukichou
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum